Are you tired of navigating through the endless ocean of nutrition myths and misinformation? Tune in to our latest podcast episode where James Breese and Josh Kennedy take on the daunting task of debunking seven notorious nutrition myths.
From the controversial debate on carbs and fats to the misconceptions surrounding intermittent fasting, this episode promises to challenge your beliefs and arm you with facts. Join us for an enlightening and potentially controversial journey into the world of nutrition.
Carbs don’t make you fat. It’s about the quality and quantity.James Breese
- Carbohydrates and Weight Gain: The myth that carbs inherently cause weight gain is debunked. It’s about the type of carbs and individual reactions to them, not the carbs themselves.
- Sugar Addiction: The idea that sugar is as addictive as cocaine is exaggerated. Sugar, while not ideal in excess, doesn’t have the same addictive properties as drugs.
- Calorie Deficits: Contrary to some beliefs, calorie deficits are a fundamental aspect of weight loss. All diets essentially lead to some form of calorie restriction.
- Aspartame and Cancer: There’s no concrete evidence linking aspartame, commonly found in diet sodas, to cancer.
- Protein and Kidney Health: High protein intake does not inherently damage kidneys, debunking a common concern, especially among athletes and bodybuilders.
- Intermittent Fasting: While beneficial for some, intermittent fasting isn’t inherently superior to regular caloric restriction for fat loss.
- Keto Diet Misconceptions: The keto diet doesn’t grant a free pass to consume unlimited bacon and butter. Caloric intake still matters.
Websites and Links Mentioned:
Sugar isn’t more addictive than cocaine. It’s energy, not a drug.Josh Kennedy
Keto isn’t a free pass for unlimited bacon and butter.James Breese
Show Your Support: Rate and Review Us!
If you enjoyed today’s episode, please consider giving us a 5-star rating and a review on Apple Podcasts or wherever you listen to podcasts. Your support helps us reach more people and bring you even more quality content. Click the link below to rate and review us now!