SMP 08: BJJ, Running & Random Australian Facts With Andrew Read.
Andrew Read, speaks to Seb and Josh about his background in Tai Kwon Do and BJJ, and the reasons why he quit after 27 years. He also speaks in length about people’s misconceptions about him being primarily an endurance athlete, and why he disagrees with the belief held by many in the strength community that running is bad for you. He brushes on all sorts of topics ranging from how primitive man used to chase his prey to death, and why we’re actually pretty well designed for running marathons. In amongst all this, Seb and Josh throw a number of little known facts about Australia at Andrew…some of which even shocked him!
IN THIS EPISODE, YOU’LL:
- Learn about some of the athletes that Andrew has trained, and is currently working with.
- Find out more information about the kind of posts he write for the website Breaking Muscle.
- Hear aout his book written about how to train for the Beast Tamer challenge.
- Learn some facts about Australia that you never knew.
- Get the Latest News From The Strength Matters Community.
- Plus a LOT more….
LINKS AND RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- The Kettlebell Fever Twitter Account
- The Kettlebell Fever Facebook Page
- The Kettlebell Fever Instagram Account
- Breaking Muscle Website
- Andrew Read’s Website
Reviews for the podcast on iTunes are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show and we read each and every one of them, and feel free to share your URL there so we can contact you later on and say thanks!
And lastly, remember to take photos of yourselves doing what ever you’re doing listening in to the Strength Matters Podcast! Upload to Instagram, Twitter & Facebook with the #strengthmatters #kettlebellfever #madeforlife for your chance to win great prizes
Thanks again for your support, we hope you enjoyed the show, and look out for another show next week.