Introducing the Everyday Athlete Scoring System
Josh Kennedy and James Breese explain all the changes they’ve made to the Strength Matters assessments during lockdown – The Everyday Athlete Scoring System. The Strength Matters online assessment system has been around for a few years but it had become particularly relevant and valuable during the past few months of COVID-19 lockdown.
They share some really interesting data points they have discovered through the new system already, including which countries’ everyday athletes are the fittest!
- History of Strength Matters assessments
- Importance of visualising assessment data
- “Close Your Rings” Inspirations
- Four components of fitness (Health, Movement, Strength and Cardio)
- Using a “Traffic light” system as an indicator of fitness levels
- Overall Everyday Athlete score (Current)
- Country Scores – trends & comparisons
- Next stages for the system
- Assessment System – Free PDF
“We needed a way to improve the way we visualise the assessments to help us make better decisions faster” – James Breese
“Not only can we give people’s scores of where they’re at… we can compare data across the world, we can track trends. Every time someone does an assessment now, we can see if they’ve improved, so it holds us accountable…” – James Breese
“We’re seeing this anecdotally but what I want is the data to back up what we’re doing, to prove that it works ” – James Breese