Fat Loss: Where to Start with Nutrition
Josh Kennedy James Breese continue their discussion about Strength Matters’ recently updated fat loss program. They go into a little more detail about how they calculate maintenance calories – which is the all-important starting point for their weight-loss program.
While fat loss and diets are not an exact science – that there are ways to still achieve your weight loss goals with a little focus and hard work – especially with the help of the Strength Matters team.
- Importance of “WWS” (Walk, Water, Sleep)
- Influence of Sleep on Nutrition
- Need to be in the right frame of mind to start approaching your weight loss journey
- Establish your starting point (maintenance calories)
- Muller Equation
- Example Calculation
- What happens when eating at maintenance
- Get to maintenance to correct metabolism
- Work out goals
- How long should one be in deficit?
- Refeed days
- January Fat loss month
- Importance of Protein
“There is no ideal world in nutrition. Everyone is different, everyone has their own beliefs…” – James Breese
“We need to establish what your base level of calories is because, without that, we can’t do anything.” – James Breese
“If you don’t know the score, you’re not in the game.” – James Breese
“I would say we see [people eating] way under [their maintenance calories] more than we see way over” – Josh Kennedy
“You can’t just go from deficit to maintenance if you’ve been under-eating” – Josh Kennedy